UCR Healthy Campus collaborates with campus partners to promote and provide physical activity opportunities for our campus community through education, access, and environmental support for daily movement. Our goal is to increase the number of UCR faculty, staff and students who participate in planned fitness activities.
News and Articles
- Safety Tips for Sharing the Road - Drive, Ride & Walk Smart
- 24 Hour Fitness is now offering all UCR faculty, staff and students a discounted membership program as well as a free 7-day pass.
- Improve knowledge and benefits of physical activity through educational opportunities, academic coursework and promotion of physical activity resources on and off campus.
- Improve access to traditional and non-traditional physical activity resources.
- Provide environmental support towards creating a movement culture through enhancements in the physical “built” environment, office and classrooms and peer support mechanisms.
"Take a Break" Stretch Campaign
Relieve the stress caused by exams, papers and project deadlines by taking a 5-minute fit break to stretch out your muscles which will help you recharge and refocus. Physical movement optimizes brain functions, relaxes tight muscles, and relieves your body of stress. Perform these 7 stretches daily to feel good and increase energy - you can even do them during class or your study break.
Fit Kits - Fitness on the Go
Fitness on the Go – designed to provide faculty and staff an opportunity to exercise during lunch or breaks. The FitKit includes: yoga mat, foam roller, exercise tubing and bands, stretch strap, massage peanut and exercise booklet. Interested departments can contact Ed Marchall, WorkStrong Coordinator, at email@example.com.
Live Fit / Live Well Exercises
Download the complete book of easy-to-follow exercises for all levels
Whole-Body Health Wellness Coaching Program
UCR Healthy Campus, the UCR School of Medicine and the Recreation department are teaming up to offer a Whole-Body Health wellness coaching program to 10 members of the UCR faculty. For information about this faculty wellness program, please visit the Whole Body Wellness Program for Faculty webpage.