What is Healthy Campus?
University of California, Riverside (UCR) is taking an integrated and comprehensive approach to elevate health and well-being at UCR. UCR Healthy Campus (HC), part of the larger systemwide HCN, invests in improving the health and quality of life for the UCR campus community.
UCR HC strives to make the healthy choice the easy choice. This requires changing the surrounding environment and culture to support and sustain positive behavior change. UCR’s HC has formed partnerships with staff, faculty, students, and the surrounding community to develop, implement, and institutionalize policies and environments essential for sustainable behavior change.
Mission: Possible 6 - a 10-week Team Wellness Challenge
Back by popular demand, we are pleased to welcome you to Mission: Possible 6! If creating new healthy habits seems impossible, Mission: Possible 6 is here to help. Become a “secret agent” of health and wellness during this 10-week team wellness challenge.
Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to participate in a team of four (4) to complete “confidential” missions. Each week your wellness commanders will send you a video transmission of that week's mission, including briefings on how to successfully accomplish each mission. Your assignments will focus on daily healthy habits such as nutrition, activity and stress management, and can be done on your own or with your team members. The more missions you complete, the better!
To participate or for more information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be the model healthy campus, inspiring and infusing health and well-being into all of its facets.
UCR Healthy Campus will collaborate with campus and community partners to create a campus culture of health by incorporating health into all policies, programs, services, and learning, teaching, and working environments. Our goal is to make UCR a university of choice.
Overall Strategic Goals
- Improve health, productivity, engagement and create a culture of health and well-being where UCR faculty, staff, students and alumni live, work and learn.
- Integrate and infuse health and well-being elements into all aspects of the daily operations of UCR to create and achieve culture change and make health and well-being a priority.
- Form partnerships with staff, faculty, students and the surrounding community to bring about a culture shift towards health and well-being as evidenced in our physical environment, curriculum, research, practices, policies and educational opportunities resulting in a comprehensive health and well-being framework for UCR.
- Contribute to the UCR 2020: Path To Preeminence Strategic Plan: Strategic Goal #3: Diversity – Serving as a National Exemplar for Diversity, Inclusiveness and Community by addressing the significant health needs of our diverse populations.
Healthy Campus Guiding Principles
- Diversity and inclusiveness: Address diverse populations with unique health needs and interests, health equity, and inclusive of all.
- Spirit of community and collaboration: Integration of faculty, staff, and students working towards a common vision to create a model community of health.
- Mutual respect and trust: Demonstrated among all those involved in the HC and towards the campus community we serve.
- Creation of a healthy, safe, and welcoming environment: HC framework provides an environment contributing to academic excellence, student success and being an employer of choice.
- Embody the strength of collective impact by bringing campus constituents together to work for the common good.
- Systemwide Healthy Campus Network
The model focuses on both the population-level and individual-level determinants of health and interventions. Health is determined by influences at multiple levels: public policy, community, institutional, interpersonal, and interpersonal factors.